Richard v. U-haul
In 1998, DRA settled a class action lawsuit with U-Haul, whereby U-Haul agreed to:
- Make significant modifications to its vehicle rental, retail, and storage facilities to bring those facilities into compliance with ADA regulations
- Provide accessible information to customers with disabilities regarding access and other disability-related issues
- Make best reasonable efforts to provide removable hand controls on its vehicles
- Institute a training program, including a company manual, to train personnel regarding access requirements for patrons with disabilities
- Keep access routes at its facilities clear and in compliance with the law
- Ensure that access features at its facilities are maintained in operating condition.