Civil Rights Law Firm Seeks Litigator with 5+ Years of Experience
DRA seeks a dynamic and motivated litigator with at least five years of experience, who shares our vision of creating a society that strives toward justice and fairness for all. Ideal candidates have experience in complex and class action litigation along with outstanding academic and professional credentials.
This position is in our New York City office.
DRA is a twenty-five year old non-profit law firm advancing equal rights and opportunities for people with a wide range of disabilities, utilizing federal, state, and local disability law. Attorneys at DRA develop and litigate high-impact cases that are meaningful and advance civil rights. With offices in California and New York, we seek to achieve dramatic improvements for people with all types of disabilities in all areas of life: technology, health care, employment, transportation, education, disaster preparedness planning, voting, juvenile justice, and housing. No defendant is too big and no case too novel.
For more information on DRA’s mission and impact visit www.dralegal.org
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years minimum experience with all aspects of civil litigation: written discovery, depositions, motion practice, expert processes, and settlement negotiations
- Excellent writing, legal research, and oral advocacy skills
- A self-starter who works flexibly and productively
- Ability to work professionally with colleagues, on teams, and with opposing counsel
- Connection to disability or passion for our mission preferred, but extensive disability law experience not necessary
- Admission to the New York Bar
- Spanish language fluency a plus
DRA offers a competitive salary with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% paid employee premiums, 401(k) with company contribution, generous holiday and paid time off benefits, and additional health and commuter benefits.
How to Apply
Please send the following to email@example.com with NYC Staff Attorney as the subject:
- Cover letter (including how you learned about this job opening)
- Three references (at least two direct supervisors)
- A list of the major cases you have worked on and a description of your role
- A writing sample (no more than 3-5 pages)
DRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and values diversity. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected under the law.