Development Assistant & Board Liaison
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Development Assistant & Board Liaison brings stellar organization, effective communication, and technology acumen to ensure critical meetings, data, and projects run smoothly so that DRA can accomplish our goals.
Disability Rights Advocates is a rapidly evolving, national non-profit legal center with an experienced, visionary leader, Kathy Martinez, and a high-impact mission: to advance the rights, inclusion, and equity of people with disabilities through litigation, education and advocacy. Under Kathy’s leadership DRA is serving people across the disability spectrum and achieving access to housing, employment, education, health care, voting and more.
Join DRA’s team to ensure that all people with disabilities are valued, have access to opportunity and can live with dignity. Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) play an important role at DRA. This is reflected in our strategic plan and our DEI statement on www.dralegal.org.
This is a full-time hourly position that requires a hybrid schedule of remote and office-based or and occasional ability to work outside of standard working hours as needed. This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 20.
The Development Assistant & Board Liaison drives efficiency and productivity for DRA’s board of directors, President & CEO, and other Directors by managing data, calendars, taking minutes, and coordinating meetings. Skills needed to be successful in this role include diplomacy, communication, organization, technical acumen, and attention to detail. Having a positive attitude and thriving in a fast- paced environment is a plus for anyone on DRA’s team.
- Board Liaison
- Leverage project management skills to schedule, coordinate and prepare for four board meetings per year as well as monthly executive committee meetings and quarterly meetings for other board and advisory board committees. This includes coordination of all meeting materials, invitations, tracking attendance, and venue preparation.
- Support nominating and mentoring committee with new board member orientations and tracking of board member terms and renewals.
- Support adherence to DRA’s bylaws, governing policies and committee charters to ensure procedures are being followed; serving as a point person for any needed updates.
- Assist the President & CEO and Board Chair with managing the Board calendar, coordination and scheduling of all meetings.
- Record and prepare minutes of board and committee meetings as needed including composition of minutes, tracking required approvals, and editing as-needed.
- Development Assistance
- Administer Salesforce database and user accounts
- Timely track all donations and donor communications through Salesforce-based Affinaquest database, ensuring accuracy
- Create tailored acknowledgement letters and send to donors upon receipt of gifts
- Support Development team in direct mail campaigns; creating lists, performing mail merges, etc.
- Support Development & Communications Manager in media outreach activities including issuing media releases, following up with reporters, etc.
- Update social media and WordPress website content as-needed; acting as a back-up for the Development & Communications Manager
- Outreach and Administration
- Serve as a back-up to DRA’s Administrative Coordinator with answering phones and receiving, sorting, and depositing mail and checks
- Work with the President & CEO and Deputy Director of Litigation to coordinate client outreach and communications
- Assist in other related duties as-needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Judgement to make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities, time, and communication. Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, and donors. Demonstrated sensitivity to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Exceptional organizational skills, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- High initiative, productivity, and agility. Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with limited guidance. Ability to switch gears and react with appropriate speed to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software; ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials. Typing 60+ wpm.
- Technical proficiency to rapidly learn software and troubleshoot/solve technical problems.
- Salesforce database administration experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
DRA offers a competitive rate of $28 per hour, based on experience. Comprehensive benefits including top tier medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% paid employee premiums, 401(k) with company contribution, generous holiday and paid time off benefits, and additional health and commuter benefits.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, all DRA employees have been temporarily working remotely. When our offices reopen, we will provide a remote-friendly workplace with flexibility to partially work from home.
How to Apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Dev Assistant & Bd Liaison” as the subject:
- Cover letter (including how you learned about this job opening)
- Three professional references (at least two direct supervisors)
- A writing sample (1-3 pages)
DRA is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce and inclusive culture.
DRA encourages applications from all qualified individuals and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, veteran status, disability, AIDS/HIV status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
DRA is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in all aspects of the employment process. If a reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact email@example.com with the subject line “Accommodations Request.”